Monday, January 20, 2014

HTRLLAP Chapter 14

          Shrek is a christ-figure. I think. Not being too familiar with Christianity, (I have a limited background in the business with an Atheist Mumsy and an I-Work-All-The-Time Dad being my outlets to learning stuff) so I might not be super accurate here, but I'm going to try.
          Shrek is awesome. He kicks butt and does what he wants, which isn't super Jesus-y, but he does meet some page 119 criteria. He gets shot in the butt with an arrow (close enough to the side), he's in agony over his land becoming a fairy tale creature refugee camp, he is eventually good with his adorable little ogre children, he's probably in his 30s, he totally has a donkey friend, spends time alone in the wilderness, he was confronted by the "devil" (Prince Charming's nutty Mommy, in Shrek 2. This was the worst one of the four, by the way), and used to be around thieves and other various jerks.

Bam, Christ Shrek.

No comments:

Post a Comment